INTESOL Nicaragua’s Hybrid TEFL Course is perfect for students who want the convenience of studying at their own pace and from the comfort of their own home; with the added benefit of real onsite teaching experience at an affordable price.
The length of time it takes to complete the course depends on your other commitments. There are approximately 140 hours of work in the course. As a general guideline most students complete the course within 2-5 months, however it can be completed in as little as 2 – 4 weeks.
The online TEFL Course covers the following topics:
- Personal and student motivation
- Planning ad organising
- Study techniques
- Classroom management
- Teaching Grammar
- Teaching Vocabulary
- Teaching Speaking & Writing
- Teaching Listening & Reading
- Teaching English with Games
- Visual aids
- Error correction
- Lesson Planning
After studying the online material you will have been taught how to manage classes, have been given a sound introduction to materials and visual aids production and have gained confidence in planning lessons. You will then have the opportunity to travel to Nicaragua to complete 2 weeks of teaching practice.
During your teaching practice you will:
- have a personal mentor to guide you throughout your practice.
- observe experienced, qualified teachers in a real language school.
- produce a portfolio of lesson plans.
- receive detailed feedback and observation assessments.
- gain experience teaching real ESL students of several levels, from beginners to advanced.
- gain significant confidence in the classroom.
For 2 weeks, Monday to Friday you will be involved in observation, lesson preparation and teaching. By the end of the practice you will have completed at least 6 hours of observed and assessed teaching practice which satisfies the British Council requirement.
Starting day is Monday. The Teaching Practice component of the Certificate in TESOL is available all year.